Current Breeding Pair Gallery:
Some photos of my button quail breeding pairs (left to right):
- #3 Single factor slate (silver blue face) pair. Female is slate pearl.
- #5 Cinnamon golden pearl Female X Normal Tuxedo Male
- #6 Red Breasted Female (carries silver) X Silver Red Breasted Male
- #7 Cinnamon Tuxedo Female X Cinnamon Tuxedo Male
- #11 White Female X Cinnamon Male
- #13 Golden Pearl Female X Normal Male
- #15 Cinnamon, golden pearl, red breasted Female X Normal Male
- #17 Cinnamon red breasted female with slate male
(possibly slate red breasted, still working to see if red breasted can show on a slate bird…but he has an abnormal amount of pink on his underside).
- #18 Blueface female (#1) X Silver Red Breasted Male (no photo yet)
- #19 Slate female (#3) X Smoky male (#1)
- #21 Silver red breasted female X Slate tuxedo male
- #22 Slate golden pearl female X “Darth Vader” Red breasted male (extremely nice with very high levels of red!).
- #23 Cinnamon, red breasted, golden pearl female X cinnamon, blueface tuxedo male
You can see photos of their chicks (if photos are available) here.
Retired Breeding Pair Gallery:
These pairs have either been split up (occasionally pairs stop getting along ) or have been sent to live in new homes.
- #1 Cinnamon Blue face Female X Normal (possibly golden pearl–white forehead) male
- #2 Red Breasted Female X Golden pearl male
- #4 Red Breasted Female X Cinnamon Male
- #8 Golden Pearl Female X Cinnamon Red Breasted Male
- #9 Normal Female X Silver Male
- #10 White Female X Cinnamon Male
- #12 White Female X Golden Pearl Male
- #16 Normal Tuxedo Female X Cinnamon blueface Tuxedo Male
- #20 Blueface female X red breasted male (unusual, has the RB gene with black face mask but very minimal red on him).